Friday, April 16, 2010

Flaws and All

So today I think I'm going to start out by talking about flaws. Honest truth. Blogger to bloggee (or blogger if you're one too).

I'm not sure if you guys noticed but I made a mini not quite survey but just a little question on what your favourite feature of your face is. The possibilities that I put are limited but if you decide to vote on it, choose the answer that is the most accurate. If this becomes successful, I might change it up once in a while, kind of the like a question of the week.

If I could choose, my best feature would be my face, or complexion. Of course, it's still farrrrrrrrrrrrrr from perfect, but I'm happy with it. My face is clear from most kinds of acne. I tend to be the type of gal that just gets these huge (gross), pus filled pimple (double gross) on random places on my face, usually one at a time. Unfortunately, though, they are so obvious and often hurt. Other than that, I also have past acne scarring, freckles, black heads, and dry flaky patches. Sounds gross, right? It's strange that what I would think is one of my best features is still filled with imperfections. Kind of depressing.

But, the point of this post was not bore readers of the epidermal layers of my face. I think we should embrace it. It kind of reminded me of that Beyonce song, "Flaws and All". Oh, by the way, it's a beautiful song, you should listen to it. This sounds cheesy, and I don't like cheese, but when I'm having a bad day, I like to remind myself of how lucky I am. To be both physically and mentally happy. It kind of perks me up. Besides, what is makeup for anyway?

Tip: For my personal spot treatment of acne, I use Clindoxyl Gel. It really works for me and helps to dry out my pimple quickly. If you guys have troubles with acne too, ask your doctor or dermatologist about it. But be careful, I know that some people have allergic reactions to Clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide (the active ingredients in this gel). So, try it on a little patch before using it on your whole face.


On a side note: Another little obsession at the moment is the Lorraine Stanick's nails. (youtube.com/thecurrentcustom) I don't think it was originally her idea, but basically it's where you colour all your nails a certain colour and leave 1 nail on each hand to be glitterfied with an intense glitter nail polish. It's odd but cute and quirky. Right now I'm wearing Essie's Infatuation and my glitter is Nicole by Opi's Winter wonderland.
My nails are starting to chip, but when I redo them, I'll take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment