Saturday, May 8, 2010

Shoppers Rant

The biggest and most densely spread across drugstore in Canada is Shoppers Drug Mart. They've almost become a Starbucks in my area, one on every other block. Okay, maybe that was a little exaggerated. But the point is lately, they've updated and upgraded their facilities to make it look high end, more open and clean and Sephora-esque. Higher end cosmetics have come in along with Cosmeticians dressed in all black.

However, there's an over population of them. The Shoppers I went to today had about 5 intimidating cosmeticians which frankly, scared the crap out of me. Are so many of them necessary? They constantly ask or interrogate in my case, whether i need any help and watch my back as if I would never buy any high end cosmetic. Which I do, I just make sure I do a lot of research before hand. They make me feel dirty and cheap. But in a way, I am cheap, I love a good deal. But then again, who doesn't? Because of this, I prefer Pharma Plus because they are much nicer and warmer, besides they often also have better deals.

Another thing that bothered me is that there was this humongous rack of clearance items at the back of the store. Many marked down to $1, 3, or 5. I was so excited because there were Benefit, Smashbox and OPI items. I picked up a foundation and eyeshadow. But when I went to pay, something I thought was $1 ended up being $25. I was like no way am I paying that much for a damaged and used item. It annoyed me how they weren't organized or tricking people into thinking it was another price. A lot more than what I thought it would be, in fact.

I love drugstores but seriously, booooooo you Shoppers! Thanks for hearing me out. What are your opinions? Am I over-reacting or does this bother you too?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog hon!
    I wanted to let you know about my big giveaway - check it out, you can win makeup&accessories!!! :))

    http://fraupixiedust.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-giveaway-make-up.html

    ReplyDelete