Saturday, July 3, 2010

June Favourites

Hey guys!

Long time no favourites. I'm trying to get on top of things. Not bad, since it's only July 3rd. Happy Belated Canada Day to all Canadians and Happy 4th of July to all Americans!

Here is the collection of favourites from this month:
And the individual pictures close up:
Mac Brill Eyeshadow (Satin finish), Urban Decay Matte Secret Service
I love to wear the first one as a wash, which is unusual because it is a silvery-green colour. But, it turns out great and really opens my eyes. Secret Service i picked up at Winners for only $4.99! It's the perfect matte crease colour, extremely pigmented and has many uses.
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and Elf Contouring blush & bronzing powder
All time favourite top coat, and really the only nail polish that has shown evidence of use. I'm over half way done and very upset because I don't know where else I can find it. Again, I bought it at Winners for $4.99, I heard it retails for a lot more. Anyone know where I can get it in Toronto? Wow. And I just realised that I picked up the ELF compact at Winners too, for $6.99. I've really only tested out the blush, which I really like because of it's light and naturalness. When I don't know what to put on my cheeks, this is my go to blush.
Mac A Rose Romance and Mac Lipglass in Pret a Papier
Both of these I picked up at the Mac warehouse sale. The pink lipstick is my only one really, so I'm glad to have it in my collection. Very wearable and sheer, since it's a Lustre. Smells awesome too. The dark red lipstick I'm surprised I enjoy as much as I do. It comes out to a nice vampy red, and lasts a long time on lips. A little stickier than I usually like, but all in all a great gloss.
Top to bottom: Sample Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin, Mac Brow pencil in Taupe, L'oreal extra-intense liquid pencil eyeliner
Sorry for the flash. I've been enjoying this lid primer, more so than the original version which most of you may find surprising. I love the wash of shimmer it gives, I'll need to pick up the full-size soon. The brow pencil is my first official brow product, other than a clear mascara, but it is very subtle, natural and does in fact enhance my eyebrow colour. I feel it's a very versatile colour that could be used on many skin tones if used correctly. The black liner is a very intense colour, more-so than the Urban Decay zero liner and for a  much more affordable price. I would recommend this if you're interested in a new eyeliner. Swatches will be shown below. 
With Flash
Without flash.
Left to right: Mac Brill, UD Secret Service, Mac Brow Pencil, L'oreal liner, UDPP in Sin, Mac A Rose Romance, Mac Pret a Papier, Blush and Bronzer from Elf compact

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. i really want the Rose Romance lipstick :(

    ReplyDelete